Decorah Cabin vacation rental offers a private alternative to a hotel room, bed and breakfast, or campground accommodations. For your next business trip or vacation travel to Decorah, Iowa, you can stay in this knotty pine restored granary on the farm of Mike and Kim Huinker.
Located just three minutes south of downtown Decorah and three minutes northwest of the Decorah eagles nest. Enjoy instant access to town while staying on a beautifully maintained farm that dates back to the early 1900’s. Sheep graze in the meadow outside Decorah Cabin. Corn and bean fields are visible in the distance. Decorah Cabin vacation rental gives you private lodging with country charm, yet you’ll be close to everything in Decorah.
- Access just one block away to the award-winning Trout Run Trail, an 11 mile paved loop around Decorah. This trail winds through the farms and woodlands views of Northeast Iowa.
- The World Famous Decorah Bald Eagles and the Decorah Trout Run Fish Hatchery are a mile-and-a-half away by car, bike, walking, or running. Fishing is available on this river or you can fish the Upper Iowa River that flows right next to downtown Decorah.
- Downtown Decorah with its shopping, restaurants, parks, and history are all just three minutes by car from Decorah Cabin. Or use the paved recreational trail to walk or bicycle the mile-and-a-half into town.
- Luther College and the Norse are on the other side of town, just a five minute drive away. Perfect if you’re visiting your college student or have college business.
- Two golf courses in town are both within easy driving distance from Decorah Cabin.
- Lodging accommodations at Decorah Cabin also offer you close proximity to the neighboring Amish town of Harmony, Minnesota and the surrounding Iowa communities of Calmar, Spillville, and Waukon.
Decorah Cabin Sleeps Two to Four
Decorah Cabin provides perfect accommodations for two, and can sleep up to four. Over 800 square feet of space lets you stretch out, either inside or on the large view porch.
Inside Decorah Cabin
Enjoy the comfortable queen bed upstairs in the spacious loft. Wake to beautiful views of oak trees, open fields, and grazing sheep. A futon mattress is available in the loft if you have young children. If you’re two couples on vacation, or if you have older children use the futon mattress on the main floor.
Decorah Cabin features a full kitchen with refrigerator, stove, oven, coffee and tea makers, and a toaster. Cookware and table service is provided.
Enjoy the Outdoors
Bring all your bicycles, canoes, kayaks, skateboards, golf clubs, tennis rackets, cross-country skis, snowshoes, or whatever, plenty of room outside and inside for whatever ways you choose to enjoy your time in Decorah.
Decorah Cabin was originally built in 1915 as the granary for the farm. Step inside and you’ll be walking on the original fir wood floor. Professionally refurbished in 2009, Decorah Cabin offers you a stay in the country with the feel of history and the comfort of modern restoration. On your next trip to Decorah, Iowa, we welcome you to come and enjoy the Decorah Cabin at the farm of Kim and Mike Huinker.